Terms and Conditions
- The fee recovery and refund policy has been developed to provide
clarity on the College's position on the recovery of fees, the measures
taken to recover fees, and the limited circumstances in which refunds of
fees will be considered.
- When you enrol, you agree to the College's rules and
regulations. In particular, you are agreeing to:
Our agreement is with you in person and not with any third
party. You must tell us if you have been excluded from the
College in the past. If your exclusion was for misconduct and
you don't tell us or mislead us about the circumstances, the
College reserves the right to cancel your enrolment.
Any criminal convictions you may have must be disclosed
to the College. All information disclosed is treated in a
confidential manner and is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
The College reserves the right to amend or withdraw offers
of enrolment where particular safeguarding matters apply.
Individuals will be provided with a full explanation regarding
the College's decision making in these circumstances.
The information in this handbook is correct at the time of
printing. If there has been any change since the printing, we
will let you know when you come to enrol.
Where applied, we will show the full course fee. However, we reserve the right, in exceptional
circumstances, to change fees without prior notice and to amend errors.
- Follow the Student Code of Conduct
- Give us the information we need to deal with your
- Registration and fees
- Pay your fees in full (as per arrangement of fee payment plan) and on time
- Complete all parts of your coursework
- Take responsibility for submitting assessments for your course at a reasonable date agreed by your tutor.
- The fee recovery and refund policy applies to all fees.
Aims of the Policy
- To enable staff and students to understand the limited circumstances where a refund of fees paid, or cancellation of fees due will be considered.
- To ensure that policies in relation to fee recovery and refunds are applied consistently across the College.
- To provide clarity on the calculation of any refunds due.
- To provide clarity on College policy on the recovery of fees due.
Cancellation - Online Enrolments
- For enrolments that are completed on-line the
distance selling regulations apply. The College complies in full with the
Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges)
- Regulations 2013, we will provide a full refund of any fees paid if a
cancellation is received within fourteen days of the initial enrolment, and
before the course has started.
- In circumstances where the course starts within the fourteen day
cancellation period, the refund given will be adjusted to reflect the
proportion of the course delivered at the point of cancellation.
- Once the fourteen day cancellation period has elapsed the College
standard refund and fee recovery policies as set out below shall apply.
- Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment based fee payment plan, no refund will be provided.
- Students who withdraw from a course in advance of the
course start date are entitled to a full refund, less an
administration fee of 10% of the full course fee.
- Students who withdraw from a course within the first two
weeks of the start date of the course will be entitled
to a refund of 50% of the course fees (with the exception of
(d) below). Where fees paid in advance are less than 50%
of the course fee, the balance will remain payable.
- Students who withdraw from a course after two weeks
following the start date of the course, will not be entitled to
any refund, and any fees outstanding will remain payable.
- Students who withdraw from a short course (duration of
9 months or less) will not be entitled to any refund.
- All withdrawals should be notified in writing to Student
Services. The effective date for calculation of any refund is
the date of receipt by the College.
- You will not normally be able to transfer your fees if you change your mind and want to switch to a different course
- Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment fee payment plan, no refund will be provided.
- If the College cancels a course, or the course does not start
due to a lack of support, every effort will be made to offer an
alternative. If no suitable alternative is available, a full refund
will be given.
- If the College reschedules a course for a different time or day
and this is not convenient for the student, a full refund will be
Requests for credits or refunds relating to illness:
- If a student becomes ill during the period of a course they
may apply for a refund if the condition is permanent and
prevents them from continuing. If the condition is temporary
then they may apply for a credit which will permit them to reenrol
at a later date (credits are valid for 2 years). The refund
or credit will be calculated on a pro-rata basis from the date of
the last class attended.
Medical evidence will be required in the form of a doctor's
note or equivalent.
- Under no circumstances can a credit be converted to a
- The college is unable to make refunds for absence due to
changes in work commitments, personal or financial
circumstances or any other reasons for not being able to
attend the course. Any outstanding fees in these
circumstances will remain payable.
- Requests for refunds relating to withdrawal at College discretion:
Where failure by a student to adhere to College policies (e.g.
attendance, behaviour, health and safety, discipline) results in the withdrawal of a student by the College, no refund will be given and any fees outstanding in these
circumstances remain payable.
Requests for refunds due to quality issues:
- If a student is dissatisfied with the course and the tutor/Head
of School cannot resolve the issues then a complaint should
be submitted, in accordance with the College Complaints
Procedure (available on the College website or from the
College Complaints Officer (admissions@LSIB.co.uk).
The College must be given an opportunity to
address any issues that have arisen, however a refund will be
issued if considered appropriate and at the sole discretion of
- Visa refusal: In a case where a prospective student is
refused a student visa, the college will refund all fees paid
less a &163;250.00 administration fee. However, in such an event,
no refund will be made unless the college has received all
original copies of the College letters of enrolment plus an
original copy of refusal from the appropriate immigration
- No refund is permitted or shall be made if a student enters the
UK on a student visa obtained on the basis of the College's
letters of acceptance and enrolment.
- No refund is permitted or shall be made when a student
decides to leave the college for whatever reason after an
extension of a student visa has been gained through College
- Please be aware that if you are on monthly or quarterly or any other instalment fee payment plans, no refund will be provided.
Recovery of Fees
- The recovery of fees is fundamental in ensuring the future viability of the
College, and course provision. As such the College will take all
reasonable measures to recover all outstanding fees due.
- In the event that fees are not paid within agreed timescales or
instalment plans, the College will first send a written reminder. Students
in financial difficulty should contact the College Finance Team and
Advice Centre at the earliest opportunity to make arrangements.
- The College reserves the right make use of debt recovery specialists to
support the recovery of outstanding fees, and to include the reasonable
costs of recovery as part of the overall debt.
- Where necessary the College will undertake recovery procedures
through the civil courts.
- The College keeps your personal information securely and
abides by the Data Protection Act. We do not pass on
individual student details unless required by law to do so or
unless it is essential to run your course, such as dealing with
fees or exam entries. The College does not sell or pass on
student details to any commercial company or organisation