1. Introduction to Receptionist Duties: This module provides an overview of the role and responsibilities of a receptionist, including greeting visitors, answering phone calls, managing appointments, and handling administrative tasks.
2. Customer Service Skills: Effective customer service is a critical aspect of being a receptionist. This module covers topics such as active listening, professional communication, handling difficult customers, and resolving customer complaints.
3. Administrative Skills: Receptionists often perform various administrative tasks. This module focuses on developing skills in managing calendars, scheduling appointments, organizing documents, handling mail, and utilizing office equipment and software.
4. Communication Skills: Strong communication skills are essential for effective receptionist duties. This module covers verbal and written communication techniques, professional etiquette, telephone etiquette, and effective communication with colleagues and visitors.
5. Time Management and Organization: Receptionists need to juggle multiple tasks and manage their time effectively. This module provides techniques for prioritizing tasks, managing deadlines, organizing workspaces, and maintaining efficient workflow.
6. Technology and Software Skills: Receptionists often use various office technologies and software applications. This module covers the basics of using email systems, scheduling software, document management tools, and other relevant technologies.
7. Professionalism and Ethics: This module focuses on developing professionalism in the workplace, including maintaining confidentiality, handling sensitive information, and adhering to ethical standards in the role of a receptionist.
8. Interpersonal Skills and Relationship Building: Receptionists interact with a wide range of people, including colleagues, visitors, and vendors. This module covers interpersonal skills, building positive relationships, effective teamwork, and conflict resolution techniques.
9. Office Safety and Security: Receptionists play a crucial role in maintaining office safety and security. This module covers topics such as emergency procedures, access control, visitor management, and maintaining a secure work environment.
10. Professional Development and Career Advancement: This module may provide guidance on further career opportunities in the field of receptionist roles, professional development strategies, and ongoing learning opportunities.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business