1. Introduction to Strategic Planning: This unit provides an overview of strategic planning and its importance in organizational success. Students will learn about the key components of a strategic plan and the process of developing an actionable strategy.
2. Environmental Analysis: This unit focuses on analyzing the internal and external environment to identify opportunities and challenges. Students will learn techniques for conducting a SWOT analysis, assessing market trends, and understanding competitive forces.
3. Setting Strategic Objectives: In this unit, students will learn how to set clear and measurable strategic objectives aligned with the organization's vision and mission. They will explore methods for prioritizing objectives and ensuring they are specific, achievable, and relevant.
4. Strategy Formulation: This unit covers the process of formulating a strategy to achieve the identified objectives. Students will learn different strategic approaches, such as differentiation, cost leadership, and focus. They will also explore methods for selecting the most suitable strategy for the organization.
5. Action Planning: This unit focuses on developing an actionable plan to implement the chosen strategy. Students will learn how to break down strategic objectives into specific action steps, allocate resources, and set timelines. They will also explore techniques for monitoring and controlling the execution of the action plan.
6. Strategy Implementation: This unit covers the challenges and considerations involved in implementing a strategic plan. Students will learn about change management, communication strategies, and engaging stakeholders to ensure successful execution of the agreed strategy plan.
7. Evaluation and Adjustment: In this unit, students will learn the importance of continuously evaluating the effectiveness of the strategy plan and making necessary adjustments. They will explore techniques for measuring performance, gathering feedback, and adapting the plan to changing circumstances.
8. Strategy Communication and Stakeholder Engagement: This unit focuses on the importance of effectively communicating the strategy plan to internal and external stakeholders. Students will learn strategies for engaging and aligning stakeholders with the strategic direction of the organization.
9. Strategy Review and Continuous Improvement: This unit covers the process of reviewing and improving the strategy plan over time. Students will explore techniques for conducting strategy reviews, learning from successes and failures, and making strategic adjustments to ensure ongoing organizational growth and success.