Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
London School of International Business (LSIB) is a decade old institution offering a wide range of Degree and Diploma Courses delivered 100% online. We are proud of our global community of over 10,000 successful alumni.
The objective of the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (DET) qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country.
They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
QLTSIn order to gain QTLS status you must achieve Level 5 Diploma in Education and training and then seek QTLS status through the Society for Education and Training.
QTLS is a professional status achieved by self-assessment of your teaching experience and practice along with achievement of the OTHM Level 5 (or above) diploma at 120 credits.
Quality, Standards and RecognitionsThe Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation).
The Education Training Foundation has approved the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training for accreditation. Learners successfully completing this qualification will be eligible to progress to the status of Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS).
This is conferred through a separate and subsequent process called professional formation and is administered by the Society for Education and Training (SET) which is the professional body for those working as teachers and trainers in the sector.
This qualifications is approved and regulated by government regulated body Ofqual (Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) to ensure consistent course quality.
❯ OfQual Qualification Number: 603/6069/0
❯ To view this qualification on OfQual website, please click here
EquivalencesThe Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is equivalent to the Certificate of Education (CertEd). It is also a good alternative to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education. This Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training will enable you to apply for QTLS status and be a recognised qualified teacher. Teachers with QTLS can also teach in schools.
Qualification structureTo achieve the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training, learners must achieve a minimum of 120 credits;
● 75 credits must be achieved from the mandatory units in Group A, plus
● a minimum of 45 credits from the optional units in Group B.
A minimum of 61 credits must be at Level 5 (therefore a minimum of 6 optional credits must be achieved at level 5)The learner will need to meet the requirements before the certificate can awarded, i.e. achieve the appropriate mandatory and optional units, as well as satisfactorily complete teaching practice.
The Learners must:
● Hold a relevant vocational and/or academic qualification of at least the level above that of their learners and ideally a minimum Level 3 qualification in his/her own area of specialism.
● Have access to 100 teaching practice hours during which learners have full responsibility for planning, delivering and assessing specific area/s of the institution’s provision.
● Minimum core of literacy, language, numeracy and ICT
● Learners must be 19 years old or older at the beginning of the course
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key facts about Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
100% Online: Study online with the UK’s leading online course provider.
Global programme: Study anytime, anywhere using your laptop, phone or a tablet.
Study material: Comprehensive study material and e-library support available at no additional cost.
Payment plans: Interest free monthly, quarterly and half yearly payment plans available for all courses.
Why choose LSIB ?
● Transform your career: Enrol today and make a life changing decision, get necessary knowledge to transform your career.
● Move up in your career: With our fully accredited course, you can move up to the next level in your organisation with ease.
● Upgrade your skills: Add value to your current educational profile and achieve skill sets to compete in your job role.
● Cost effective: Typically a British qualification starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with LSIB, you enjoy savings of up to 60% on your educational investment.
● Assessments: Assessment is done through written assignments and/ or dissertation project.
● Support: We offer live tutor support via online chat and email for all qualifications delivered by us.