1. Core Engineering Skills: The diploma covers core engineering skills that are essential in any engineering discipline. This includes interpreting engineering drawings, understanding technical specifications, using hand tools and workshop equipment, and following health and safety procedures.
2. Mechanical Engineering Operations: The course includes modules on mechanical engineering operations, focusing on practical skills in assembling, maintaining, and repairing mechanical systems. Learners will also gain knowledge of workshop machinery and tools used in mechanical engineering.
3. Electrical and Electronic Engineering Operations: The diploma covers the basics of electrical and electronic engineering operations. Learners will learn about electrical circuits, wiring systems, electrical testing equipment, and basic electronic components.
4. Fabrication and Welding Operations: The qualification includes modules on fabrication and welding operations. Learners will learn how to interpret engineering drawings for fabrication, cut and shape metal, and perform basic welding techniques.
5. Maintenance Operations: The diploma covers maintenance operations, teaching learners how to identify and rectify faults in engineering systems and equipment, perform routine maintenance tasks, and contribute to planned maintenance activities.
6. Engineering Mathematics and Science: The course may include modules on engineering mathematics and science. Learners will gain a foundational understanding of mathematical and scientific principles relevant to engineering, such as measurements, calculations, and basic scientific concepts.
7. Quality Control and Inspection: The diploma covers quality control processes and inspection techniques used in engineering operations. Learners will learn about quality standards, inspection procedures, and ensuring compliance with specifications.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business