1. Introduction to Ports: Understanding the role and functions of ports, port infrastructure and facilities, port stakeholders, and port operations.
2. Introduction to Shipping: Overview of the shipping industry, types of ships and vessels, shipping routes, and shipping terminology.
3. Cargo Handling: Principles and techniques of cargo handling, including loading and unloading, stowage, and securing of cargo.
4. Port Operations: Understanding the various operations and processes within a port, including vessel operations, berth allocation, cargo handling equipment, and port security.
5. Shipping Documentation: Overview of shipping documentation and procedures, including bills of lading, manifests, customs documentation, and regulatory requirements.
6. International Trade and Logistics: Introduction to international trade, logistics management, supply chain management, and the role of ports and shipping in global trade.
7. Port Safety and Security: Knowledge of safety regulations, security procedures, and emergency response protocols within a port environment.
8. Port Administration and Management: Introduction to port administration, management structures, port governance, and port-related policies and regulations.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business