1. Business Communication: Developing effective communication skills within a business context. This includes written communication such as drafting emails, memos, and reports, as well as verbal communication and presentation skills.
2. Teamwork and Collaboration: Understanding the importance of working effectively as part of a team, including team dynamics, effective communication, problem-solving, and decision-making within a team setting.
3. Customer Service: Developing skills for delivering excellent customer service, including understanding customer needs, handling inquiries and complaints, building rapport, and maintaining customer satisfaction.
4. Business Administration: Learning basic administrative skills required in a business environment, such as organizing information, managing records, using office equipment and technology, and understanding data protection and confidentiality.
5. Introduction to Finance: Gaining an understanding of basic financial concepts, including budgeting, managing cash flow, understanding profit and loss, and financial statements.
6. Introduction to Marketing: Exploring the fundamentals of marketing, including market research, identifying target audiences, branding, promotional strategies, and the marketing mix.
7. Introduction to Human Resources: Learning about the role of human resources in an organization, including recruitment and selection processes, employment laws and regulations, and basic employee management.
8. Problem Solving and Decision Making: Developing critical thinking skills and problem-solving techniques to identify and analyze business issues, make informed decisions, and implement effective solutions.
9. IT Skills: Developing basic computer and digital skills necessary for business operations, such as using office productivity tools (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations), conducting internet research, and utilizing online communication platforms.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business