1. Introduction to Logistics and Transport: This module provides an overview of the logistics and transport industry, its key components, and the role it plays in supply chain management.
2. Warehousing and Storage: Learners will gain an understanding of warehouse operations, including stock management, inventory control, and health and safety practices.
3. Transport Operations: This module covers the various modes of transport, such as road, rail, air, and sea, and their respective operational considerations. Topics may include transport planning, vehicle loading, route optimization, and driver compliance.
4. Customer Service in Logistics and Transport: Learners will develop skills in delivering excellent customer service within the logistics and transport context. This includes handling customer queries, resolving complaints, and maintaining customer relationships.
5. Legal and Regulatory Compliance: This module focuses on the legal and regulatory requirements that govern logistics and transport operations. Topics may include health and safety regulations, driver hours and rest periods, and relevant legislation.
6. Effective Communication in Logistics and Transport: Learners will develop communication skills necessary for effective coordination and collaboration within the logistics and transport environment. This may include written and verbal communication, teamwork, and professional etiquette.
7. IT and Digital Skills: This module covers the use of technology and digital tools in logistics and transport operations. Topics may include using transport management systems, tracking and tracing shipments, and utilizing digital communication platforms.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business