1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management: An overview of supply chain management principles, concepts, and the role of supply chains in modern business operations.
2. Logistics and Transportation: The study of transportation modes, logistics network design, freight management, and the role of transportation in supply chain efficiency.
3. Inventory Management: Strategies and techniques for managing inventory levels, demand forecasting, stock control, and inventory optimization.
4. Purchasing and Supplier Management: The process of sourcing and selecting suppliers, negotiating contracts, supplier performance measurement, and supplier relationship management.
5. Warehouse and Distribution Management: The management of warehousing operations, distribution network design, order fulfillment, and warehouse layout and organization.
6. Supply Chain Planning and Demand Management: Techniques for demand forecasting, sales and operations planning (S&OP), demand management, and supply chain coordination.
7. Supply Chain Risk Management: Identification and mitigation of supply chain risks, including risk assessment, contingency planning, and business continuity management.
8. Sustainability and Ethical Considerations in Supply Chains: The importance of sustainable and socially responsible supply chain practices, including environmental sustainability, fair trade, and ethical sourcing.
9. Information Systems in Supply Chain Management: The use of information technology and systems in supply chain planning, execution, and coordination.
10. Supply Chain Analytics: The application of data analytics and statistical methods to analyze supply chain performance, identify trends, and make data-driven decisions.
11. Project Management in Supply Chain: The principles and techniques of project management as applied to supply chain improvement initiatives and process optimization.
12. International Supply Chain Management: The unique challenges and considerations in managing global supply chains, including cross-border logistics, customs regulations, and international trade.