1. Introduction to Occupational Hygiene: An overview of occupational hygiene principles, concepts, and legal frameworks related to workplace health and safety.
2. Hazard Recognition and Evaluation: Identification and assessment of various workplace hazards, including chemical, physical, biological, and ergonomic hazards. Students learn how to conduct workplace inspections, sampling, and monitoring to evaluate exposure levels.
3. Occupational Health and Toxicology: Study of the health effects of workplace hazards, toxic substances, and occupational diseases. Students learn about risk assessment methodologies and the interpretation of toxicological data.
4. Risk Assessment and Control Measures: Techniques for assessing and managing workplace risks, including hazard control strategies, hierarchy of controls, and the development of control measures and procedures.
5. Occupational Hygiene Monitoring and Sampling: Methods and techniques for measuring and monitoring workplace hazards, including air sampling, noise monitoring, and biological monitoring.
6. Occupational Hygiene Management Systems: Introduction to the development, implementation, and maintenance of occupational hygiene management systems. Topics covered may include policy development, program evaluation, and continuous improvement.
7. Industrial Ventilation and Indoor Air Quality: Study of ventilation systems, air filtration, and control measures to maintain acceptable indoor air quality. Students learn about ventilation design, troubleshooting, and the impact of ventilation on worker health.
8. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Overview of different types of personal protective equipment and their proper selection, use, and maintenance. Students learn about the limitations and requirements for effective PPE usage.
9. Occupational Hygiene in Specific Industries: Exploration of occupational hygiene considerations in specific industries such as manufacturing, construction, healthcare, mining, and agriculture.
10. Ethics and Professional Practice: Discussions on ethical considerations and professional responsibilities in the field of occupational hygiene.