1. Office Administration: This module provides an introduction to office administration principles and practices, including tasks such as managing schedules, coordinating meetings, maintaining records, and handling office correspondence.
2. Business Communication: Effective communication is a key skill for secretaries. This module focuses on developing strong written and verbal communication skills, including business correspondence, professional telephone etiquette, and effective communication with colleagues and clients.
3. Computer Skills: Secretaries need to be proficient in using various computer applications and software. This module covers essential computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet management, presentation creation, and email communication.
4. Document Management: Secretaries are responsible for organizing and managing documents efficiently. This module covers techniques for filing, archiving, and retrieving documents, as well as maintaining document confidentiality and security.
5. Time Management and Organization: Secretaries often handle multiple tasks and deadlines. This module provides strategies for effective time management, prioritization, and organizational skills to ensure efficient workflow.
6. Office Technology: This module focuses on familiarizing students with common office technologies and equipment, such as printers, scanners, fax machines, and office phone systems. It may also cover the use of productivity tools and software for tasks like scheduling, project management, and data entry.
7. Professional Etiquette and Ethics: Secretaries represent the organization and interact with clients and colleagues. This module emphasizes professionalism, ethical behavior, and proper workplace etiquette.
8. Customer Service: Secretaries often interact with clients, visitors, and colleagues, requiring excellent customer service skills. This module covers customer service principles, effective communication with clients, handling inquiries and complaints, and maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
9. Event and Meeting Coordination: This module provides an overview of event planning and meeting coordination, including tasks such as scheduling, venue selection, logistical arrangements, and preparation of meeting materials.
10. Records Management: Secretaries play a role in maintaining and organizing records within the organization. This module covers record keeping practices, confidentiality, data protection, and compliance with relevant regulations.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business