1. Office Administration: Introduction to the principles and practices of office administration, including roles and responsibilities of office managers, effective communication, customer service, and ethical considerations.
2. Business Communication: Development of effective written and oral communication skills specific to the business environment. Topics covered may include professional email writing, business correspondence, report writing, and interpersonal communication.
3. Organizational Skills: Training in organization and time management techniques to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities. Students learn to manage calendars, appointments, and schedules, maintain records and filing systems, and optimize office workflows.
4. Office Technology and Software: Familiarization with common office technologies and software applications used in administrative roles. This may include training in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), database management, project management tools, and office productivity software.
5. Records Management: Understanding the principles and best practices of records management. Topics covered may include document classification, file organization, information retrieval, data protection, and compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
6. Office Procedures and Protocols: Learning standard office procedures and protocols to ensure efficient office operations. This may include mail handling, document formatting and distribution, travel arrangements, event planning, inventory management, and office security protocols.
7. Human Resource Management: Introduction to human resource management principles within the context of office environments. Topics covered may include recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, performance management, training and development, and employee relations.
8. Financial and Budget Management: Basics of financial principles relevant to office management. This may include budgeting, expense tracking, invoicing, and financial reporting. Students learn how to manage office expenses, process payments, and maintain financial records.
9. Teamwork and Leadership: Development of teamwork, collaboration, and leadership skills within an office setting. Topics covered may include team dynamics, conflict resolution, motivation techniques, and fostering a positive work environment.
10. Office Ethics and Professionalism: Exploration of ethical considerations and professionalism in office management. Students learn about ethical decision-making, confidentiality, integrity, and maintaining professional conduct in the workplace.
The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
London School of International Business